Electricity - Shopping for Electric Generation Suppliers - The expiration of rate caps on electric generation will affect the utility bills for businesses and homeowners. To learn about your options, here are several links:
- PA Office of Consumer Advocacy
- PA Public Utility Commission's PAPowerSwitch.com
- Natural Gas Shopping Information PAGasSwitch
- Energy Savings Opportunities with Penelec First Energy
- Energy Savings Opportunities with PPL
- ChamberChoice Energy Program managed by OnDemand Energy
- OnDemand Energy Residential Program
PennTAP - Energy Efficiency Assistance Program for Businesses
Ethanol - Located in Clearfield Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Grain Processing, LLC's facility is the Commonwealth's first commercial scale ethanol plant and began production in December 2009.
Renewable and Alternative Energy - Penn State University Cooperative Exention's website provides information about the university's programs to develop new sources, new processes and to improve existing forms of renewable energy.
Natural Gas/Marcellus Shale Resources - Exploration and extraction of natural gas from the Marcellus Shale formation is a growing industry sector in our region. The following links provide information from industry associations, online news sources, education, employment resources and companies:
- Pennsylvania's Department of Environmental Protection
- Pennsylvania's DEP link for gas well information - Marcellus Reporting, Production by County
- DEP Natural Gas Vehicle Program
RigMonkeyApp.com - Clearfield County Commercial & Industrial Properties
Education - Penn State Cooperative Extension's Service Directory for listings of Attorneys, Financial Advisors, Appraisers, Consultants, and other professional resources that work with businesses and landowners concerning leasing and drilling in Marcellus Shale. Additional resources are available at Penn State Cooperative Extension, Penn State's ExploreShale.org, Marcellus Shale Lease Guide, Penn State's Marcellus Center, ShaleNet, http://www.msetc.org/and The Marcellus Shale Citizen's Guide as PDF or as Text.
Drinking Water--Water Resources can be found at Penn State Cooperative Extensions
FracFocus is a joint project of the Ground Water Protection Council and the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission.
Susquehanna River Basin Commission - Water Resource Portal
Online News and Directories