Mechanic Apprentice (DuBois)
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of tasks in the Shops including inspecting, diagnosing, adjusting, repairing and maintaining the following: heavy equipment; transportation vehicles including cars, light, medium, and heavy trucks; and paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non exempt position will work with direct supervision of Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
* Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and rebuilding all system failures on mobile equipment.
* Safely operate equipment for diagnosing and testing purposes.
* Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders.
* Proactively communicate with Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader concerning equipment and job related projects.
* Maintain safe and organized work area.
* Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed, including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Sometimes required to work more than 40 hours per week and non traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
*Safely perform essential functions.
Basic knowledge of:
* Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
* Computer skills.
* Construction operations.
* High school graduate or equivalent preferred.