Operator-Paver (Grove City)
Safely operate paver while communicating with dumpman and screed personnel to facilitate a consistent speed and uniform distribution of asphalt material with precise alignment of paving mat. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Perform machine walk-around inspection daily, checking fluid levels, hoses, tires, tracks, chains, sprockets and wear components to verify machine is capable of performing safely and productively.
* Report equipment deficiencies to Foreman via squawk sheet.
* Perform pre-shift component check to verify all systems are functioning properly.
* Operate the paver in coordination with dumpman to match the material inflow to the prescribed tons per hour goal facilitating non-stop paving.
* Safely operate equipment in and among live traffic.
* Communicate constantly with dumpman to monitor truck exchange, obstacles or site conditions paying special attention to overhead utilities, severe slopes that will require reducing the bed height and paving speed to maximize safety, quality and productivity.
* Perform end-of-day maintenance, cleanup and walk-around inspection to ensure mechanical and physical condition of the unit meets manufacturer’s requirements.
* Adhere to and enforce paving safety rules.
* Set up and tear down traffic control devices as needed.
* Perform laboring assignments on crew when Paver Operator duties are complete or not required.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Travel and arrive for starting time at various jobsite locations.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.