Project Manager (DuBois)
Provide overall technical and administrative direction for the management and implementation of heavy and highway construction and site development projects. This salaried, exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Manage awarded projects from beginning to end including but not limited to project scheduling, change order pricing and negotiation, project administration, job cost review, billings, collections, project meeting and project close-out.
* Oversee and support the Project Engineer to ensure the proper administrative functions are being performed.
* Plan, organize and staff key field positions through Project Superintendent and/or Foreman.
* Monitor and control construction effort through direction of Project Superintendent and/or Foreman to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule; interface with the owner representative and engineer.
* Responsible for recruiting, training, hiring, and firing employees to consistently improve project workforce.
* Establish and maintain effective communication within our organization and with material suppliers, subcontractors, owners, engineers, and other individuals involved in the projects.
* Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect the company’s interest while maintaining a good relationship with the customer.
* Interpret and enforce Company policies and procedures.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Prefer Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Construction Management, or a closely related field.