Adjunct Faculty Instructor Pool - Remote
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College is seeking to establish a pool of part-time faculty interested in teaching courses in the following subject areas:
- Composition; Corequisite Support/Developmental English; Business and Professional Communication; Literature
- Foundations of Math; Applied Statistics; College Algebra
- History/US Government and Politics/Geography
- Biology; Chemistry; Applied Physics
- Fine Arts Appreciation/ Music Appreciation/Art Appreciation
- World Religions
- Public Speaking
- Education (Early Childhood, and Elementary, Special Education)
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Faculty - Remote
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, Adjunct (Temporary), Exempt
COMPENSATION RANGE: $1,200 per credit hour
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Director of Applied Studies or Director of Arts and Sciences (as applicable by discipline or field of study)
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
Academic instructors for courses in the College’s Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Applied Science degrees, depending upon the degree, must possess credentials in alignment with the following:
- Master’s degree in the discipline or sub-field of study in which they teach
- Master’s degree in a related cognate field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours specific to the discipline
- Master’s degree in a related cognate field with a minimum of 6 graduate hours specific to the discipline
- Minimum of two years or four academic terms of any combination of teaching discipline-specific courses at the college level or discipline-specific Advanced Placement courses at the secondary level;
- Minimum of five years of discipline-specific teaching experience at the secondary level in grades 7-12 and a valid professional teaching license recognized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania at the secondary level for grades 7-12 specific to the discipline.
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to read and communicate verbally and in written form using English language; remember and analyze information; and remember and understand instructions or guidelines;
- Ability to use technology tools required for performing the specific responsibilities of this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
- NPRC uses video technology to offer face-to-face learning at 24 instructional locations across our 10-county service area. This allows students and instructors the ability to interact in real-time through class instruction and meaningful discussion.
- Remote academic faculty teach live via Microsoft Teams at the scheduled day and time. All materials are distributed to students through the learning management system. All assignments and assessments are submitted through the learning management system.
- Work hours: Courses are scheduled between 8:30 am – 9:30 pm, Monday – Thursday.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College (NPRC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPRC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry or place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, perceived gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, use of a service animal due to disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, age, or other classification protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.