Performs various kitchen and dining responsibilities, duties are as followed but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the preparation of food including main courses, salads, desserts and special diets under the guidance of the Cook.
- Prepares trays according to appropriate regular or special menus; serves and/or delivers food to assigned locations.
- Prepares tables and other dietary areas for meals; clears tables in the main dining room.
- Prepares snacks, juices and other nourishments as assigned and transports nourishment cart to appropriate wings.
- Serves meals to residents in the main dining room.
- Sets up dish room and prepares dishwashing machine in accordance with sanitation regulations; cleans and washes dishes, glassware, silverware, trays and so forth either manually or by operating a dishwashing machine.
- Maintains, cleans and sanitizes the main dining room, kitchen, dish room, food carts and work areas; cleans tables and resets dining room, runs vacuum; cleans dishwasher and sweeps and mops floor.
- Performs various cleaning duties in the kitchen, serving areas, storage rooms and other dietary areas as assigned and scheduled; scrapes, stacks, washes and puts away dishes, pots, pans and dietary equipment; makes certain that all areas are maintained in a neat, clean, sanitary and safe manner.
- Wears protective clothing and devices when required and/or appropriate.
- Ability to perform all the essential functions of the position as stated in the job description.
- A sincere interest in helping to enhance the dining experience for residents is essential.
- Strong commitment to customer service; Interacts positively with residents, co-workers and staff.
- Physical stamina to lift and carry things and to stand and move on your feet for long periods of time.