ACT Employment Specialist
CenClear is growing a new program and seeking applicant for several positions. The program is Assertive Community Treatment (ACT). ACT is an evidence-based practice where staff work together as a team to help improve outcomes for people with severe mental illness who are most at-risk of psychiatric crisis, substance use, hospitalization and involvement in the criminal justice system.
General Description of Duties
This position functions as a specialist and a primary case coordinator with a specific emphasis on psychiatric rehabilitation, vocational and coordination of employment services.
Hours: 40 hours per week Nontraditional hours
This position will require travel to multiple offices.
CenClear has a Covid-19 vaccine mandate in effect for all employees by January 31, 2022. Religious and/or medical exemptions will be reviewed.
· Bachelor's degree and completion of the supported employment certification.
· Access to transportation
Must obtain the following Clearances:
· PA Criminal Record (State Police), https://epatch.state.pa.us,
· Child Abuse History Check, www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
· FBI Clearance, https://uenroll.identogo.com/,
· Mandated Reporting Certificate, www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu.
Specific Description of Duties
· Assists clients with obtaining information about their benefits (e.g., SSI, Medicaid, etc.) and. refers clients to benefits counseling, as needed. Helps clients report earnings, as needed.
· Assesses clients vocational functioning on ongoing basis utilizing background information and work experiences.
· Conducts job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of clients.
· Conducts employer contacts to learn about the needs of the business, describe supports offered by the program and describe client strengths that are relevant to the position.
· Provides individualized follow-along supports to assist clients in maintaining employment.
· Writes job support plans with clients and incorporating input from the ACT Team.
Adjusts plan according to clients' needs and preferences.
· Provides education and support to employers as agreed upon by clients, which may include negotiating job accommodations and follow-along contact by the employment specialist with the employer.
· Provides timely interventions with returning phone calls, seeing employers about job loss or job performance, job leads.
· Participates in regular meetings with treatment team and communicates individually with team members between meetings in order to coordinate and integrate vocational services into mental health treatment.
· Participates in face-to-face meetings with vocational rehabilitation counselors to coordinate services for clients.
· Develops an individual employment (and/or education) plan with clients. Incorporate input from treatment team and family members, with permission.
· Provides supported education, using principles similar to supported employment, for clients who express interest in education to advance their employment goals.
Benefits for Full Time Employment
· Excellent Medical Insurance (shared cost)
· Life Insurance (twice annual salary)
· 401 (k) (Company match up to 7% based on employee deferment)
· Paid Holidays (8 per year)
· PTO (12 upon hire; increases with years of service)
· EAP (includes immediate family members)
· Flexible Work Schedule (if position qualifies)
· 18% discount on Verizon cell phone services
· Tuition/Course Reimbursement for applicable coursework
Please send resume to email@example.com
Apply Here: https://www.cenclear.org/cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=102