Certified Peer Specialist
CenClear is looking for Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) in Punxsutawney and DuBois.
CenClear is looking for applicants that already have CPS certification, or CenClear will also provide training for you to become certified. If you like working with people and are looking for flexible hours, contact CenClear today!
General Description of Duties
A CPS is a supportive advocate who assists youth, and young adults with a mental health diagnosis
in keeping on their path to recovery. A CPS will share their own experiences and will help others to find inner strength and hope. A CPS will help others to set goals for themselves and then will help others to reach these self-directed goals. A CPS will also help others to find supports within their own community.
- Must have a mental health diagnosis at least 1 year
- Must be at least the age of 18
- Must have worked or volunteered 12 months out of the past 3 years
- Must have access to transportation
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or higher degree
Must obtain the following Clearances:
- PA Criminal Record (State Police)- https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Child Abuse History Check- www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
- FBI Clearance- PA Department of Human Services - https://uenroll.identogo.com
- Mandated Reporting Certificate-free-www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu
Specific Description of Duties
- Facilitates assistance in accessing various community resources (education, housing,
transportation, recovery supports, etc.).
- Offers referrals to treatment services when necessary.
- Provides guidance throughout the recovery process.
- Helps client with developing an Individual Recovery Plan.
- Offers support and advocacy related to obstacles that are often encountered during the recovery
- Assists participants in acquiring self-care skills such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housekeeping, interview skills, etc.
- Introduces and engages participants in community resources.
- Assists participants to advocate for themselves throughout the recovery process.
- Attends trainings as identified for the position, target population and individual need for professional growth.
- Ability to reach overhead.
- Lift and carry objects over thirty (30) pounds.
- Bend to reach objects from the floor.
- Stand for extended periods of time with reasonable breaks.
- Sit for extended period of time with reasonable breaks.
- Operate office machines.
- Vision and hearing within normal limits.
- Mileage is reimbursed on a monthly basis
If interested please submit resume to email@example.com or apply online through our
website www.cenclear.org > employment