Home Visitor for Early Head Start
Are you looking full-time job that pays well in a positive work environment? Do you enjoy working
with expecting mothers, infants, toddlers and their families?
CenClear is looking for a Home Visitor for their Early Head Start Program who will be responsible for the Clearfield County, PA area.
48 weeks per year, 37.5 hours a week.
General Description of Duties
The Early Head Start Home Visitor will provide quality comprehensive services in a manner consistent with the CenClear agency's philosophy of Reaching Children through Families. The Home Visitor will integrate the components of health/safety/nutrition, child development, social
services and parent involvement into child/family services for the Early Head Start Program while
meeting the supervision, training, and documentation requirements of the position.
*This position will also be responsible for working in coordination with Child and Youth Services of Clearfield County.
· Minimum Associates' Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with experience working
· Experience working with adults
· Access to transportation
Must obtain the following Clearances:
· PA Criminal Record (State Police), https://epatch.state.pa.us,
· Child Abuse History Check, www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
· FBI Clearance, https://uenroll.identogo.com/,
· Mandated Reporting Certificate, www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu.
Specific Description of Duties
· Provides a scheduled one-to-one family focused 90-minute visit in the family home on a
weekly basis in accordance with program guidelines.
· Assists families in identifying and utilizing needed community resources.
· Assists parents in developing ways of using household resources in educational activities with
· Assesses children and develops goals in cooperation with parents.
· Plans and facilitates child/parent socialization experiences at a minimum of twice monthly.
· Assists families when necessary in the arrangement of medical/dental appointments.
· Plans nutrition activities for children and families.
· Supports parents in the planning of monthly parent meetings and facilitates parent-focused group activities.
· Encourages parent participation in Early Head Start policy groups and in the community.
· Presents a favorable image to children, parents, and staff by exhibiting a friendly, caring and
· Maintains confidentiality regarding children and families.
· Submits required paperwork in a timely manner.
· Recruits for children to be enrolled in program.
· Attends trainings and meetings as required.
· Lift and carry objects over fifty (50) pounds.
· Bend to a childs level and retrieve items from the floor.
· Walk and stand for periods of over one hour.
· Sit on the floor for over 30 minutes.
· Sit at child size tables.
· Participate in gross motor activities.
· Operate kitchen appliances.
· Use sweeper and other cleaning apparatus (push and pull).
· Hand wash and rinse dishes using chemical disinfectants.
· Clean various surfaces using chemical disinfectants.
· Visit homes for 1-1/2 hours where adults may smoke or have pets.
· Vision and hearing within normal limits.
· Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance, life insurance, 401k and paid time off.
If interested please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open