How Your Chamber Membership Works for You
- FREE & IMMEDIATE ADVERTISING OF NEW MEMBERS. We immediately add your contact information to our website, www.duboispachamber.com. We provide a FREE link from our website to your website, Facebook, and e-mail so customers can contact you. As a new member, your business profile, contact information and logo are included in the “Chamber Communicator” newsletter as well as public notice in area newspapers announcing your Chamber membership. Each member is invited to submit an article for the Business Spotlight feature in the "Chamber Communicator." This gives you the opportunity to provide more detail about your business, your products, and your services.
- NETWORKING & CONTACTS. This is one of the Chamber’s most valuable functions; providing our businesses with opportunities to meet potential customers and clients at Chamber-sponsored events. We hear more and more that people are connecting and forging business relationships because of these networking opportunities. We usually have 10 Mixers per year plus our Annual Business Bash in January; the Chamber/Jaycee Golf Tournament in May; and the Silver Ribbon Award Luncheon; workshops; and our Business Connections series.
- AREA MEMBER NEWS. The “Chamber Communicator” newsletter provides updates on Chamber events, business news and interesting articles. Ad space is available in the newsletter as well as inserting flyers and brochures from member businesses. In addition to reaching members through the monthly newsletter, you can submit a brief message for the weekly Monday Morning Update e-mail when appropriate.
- MARKETING & SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. Promote your business as a Featured Member of the Month; Monday Morning Update Sponsor for the weekly email; Stand Up and Stand Out banners; sponsor a Chamber event, or host a Mixer. The chamber will conduct ribbon cuttings for new businesses, expansions, or new locations. We promote the photo to the media and post it on Facebook. Your membership includes a free listing online and in the Community Profile. The Chamber promotes members like you from the Greater DuBois area through various programs. Our partnerships with Visit Clearfield County and the PA Wilds help us to promote your business to visitors from--everywhere!
- INSURANCE SAVINGS. Available only to members of the chamber, Chamber Choice offers health insurance benefits to members by pooling their buying power. Even businesses with only a few employees can have the purchasing power of 100 chambers of commerce that are part of Chamber Choice. Penn National Insurance offers an annual rebate to chamber members who have a business owners policy with Penn National Insurance.
- REFERRALS. In addition to your listing on our website, in the newsletter and in our Community Profile, the Chamber helps customers to find you by filling requests for referrals. When requests for businesses and services come to us, it is our Chamber members’ names we specify. We do this in the form of specific referrals by business type or generally through our mailings to potential residents and visitors. Each year we mail copies of the Community Profile & Membership Directory, in which our members are highlighted and promoted. We also provide these to realtors, hotels, schools and the hospital, which helps them to promote the area and our members.
- VISITOR INFORMATION. Our office provides visitors with maps and brochures from Visit Clearfield County, PA Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau and the PA Wilds. If you have guests visiting, stop in our chamber office to select brochures and maps. If you are planning a large meeting, conference, reunion, or wedding, contact us and we will assemble packets for your guests. We send out packets of information each year to prospective visitors and residents. We fill requests for area maps, event calendars and activity listings.
- BUSINESS RESOURCES. Our office is a one-stop information center providing important business, trade, demographics, marketing, management, and general area resources. If we don’t know the answer, we know where to find it. We survey members to find out what issues and topics are important to your businesses. The Chamber hosts the Business Connections series four times a year and provides a speaker to address some of those topics or issues. The Chamber also partners with other organizations to promote workshops, seminars, and webinars to give you more opportunities to learn. Please help us to help you!
- OPPORTUNITY TO INFLUENCE. There is strength in numbers. By joining your local Chamber of Commerce, you join your voice with other business owners. Whether you sell products or provide services locally, you do provide jobs and have a stake in the area’s economy. The Chamber acts as a liaison to government, news media, and local lobbying groups. The Chamber ensures that local business interests are understood and that the rights of business are protected. As a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry, the Greater DuBois Chamber of Commerce joins its voice with other chambers to keep our legislators informed of issues vital to your businesses.